Monday, March 23, 2009

a new day has come (100 days until Zim).

the weekend that was: long! we had an ADLA drumline competition in fontana this weekend. the drummers had to meet at the high school at five in the morning on saturday for a long day of driving, practicing, performing, eating, and hanging out. overall, the performance was good, but our place didn't really reflect that. the mall was so much fun in between performing and awards. i spent the four hours with jeff, ethan, tony, and andrew. they are a crazy bunch of boys, but it was so much fun. we ate, walked around and looked, ate some more, then went to the bass pro shop. seriously, it was like disneyland. you have to walk through the turnstiles to get into this place and there is a map and everything! we took pictures, played with archery things, did a shooting game. loads of fun. by the end of the day, we were so tired! i slept on the bus the whole way home. sunday was just normal. two services, lunch with mom and kevin, then tv and a nap.

where i am at the moment: at work. this week is spring break at school. thank goodness! i needed a break BAD.

on my to-do list this week: finishing stuff for the connection, a few little tasks at work, meeting with campus live people on wednesday. and i want to finish the shack this week.

what God is teaching me: that my friends are in my life for a reason. that my family is awesome. that He loves me more than i can ever fully understand.

book i’m in the midst of: stand by alex mcfarland (for the connection). the shack by wm. paul young (for myself). both are good. =)

music that seemed to catch my attention this past week: the cd colors by between the buried and me. this cd is possibly the greatest progressive cd i have ever heard. also listening to lorel's cd this week. i miss her lots.

next trip: not really sure. probably a trip to visit the cousins in la in the near future.

how i’m feeling about this week: restless. excited. relieved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As one of your loyal readers, I have a request. Can we get some more depth? I feel like we're just getting the surface of Jamie, just the very basics of her faith, and I want more! Do you ever struggle? Do you have deep, abiding joys? Share with us!!!


Please? [Imagine puppy-dog-eyes. lol]