Tuesday, March 3, 2009

a new perspective.

"The people had a great impact on me and I believe I returned home with a different outlook from many who go on missions trips. People return to America and have this gratitude for all they have… but those are just things. These people have the power and presence of God. They have community, family, and are the true church. We need them to be missionaries here in the States."

This quote was posted on the Unmuted blog by Britney following her trip to Panamaquin, Guatemala. These thoughts have been stirring around in my mind...am I just feeling thankful for what I have? I know that these were my thought last year as I returned from the Mexico trip. This year, I want thoughts like Britney's when I go to Mexico and Zimbabwe. Lord, please give me a deeper understanding of these people and who they are.

No comments: