Tuesday, April 14, 2009

more soul pancake.

list five possible openings for your autobiography.

  1. My life has always been complicated. From the time I literally fell down the stairs and teachers thought my parents beat me, to the time I beat myself up for not coming back sooner, and all the times in-between only one word could describe it: complicated.
  2. I was the only child until age four, the eldest of two until age seventeen, and come high school graduation I was the middle of five AND the middle of four.
  3. My high school drumline instructor told me my sophomore year “Don’t be the one who sucks the worst” and I’ve tried to live by his wise analogies ever since.
  4. Someone once told me it doesn’t matter how fast or slow you go in life as long as you stay in your own lane. It took me years to understand what he meant, and by then it might have been too late.
  5. I’ve never been great at communicating my inner-most thoughts, so I generally turn to music lyrics/famous quotes to get the point across: “I have these dreams in the back of my mind, but they never pan out unless I wake up and try.” My life is a story of dreams that I took way to long to wake up from.

Let me know what yours would be...please?

No comments: